Benefits of clean floors:
- Aesthetics - companies care about the look of their facilities and want to present the right image to their associates and to their visitors.
- Light Reflection - brighter, well lighted facilities provide cost savings in power bills as well as safety related accidents. See here a before and after picture taken during a recent product demonstration at a customer location.
- Office cleanliness and appearance - warehouse areas with dirty floors can lead to dirt being tracked in the office, increasing the expense of office cleaning, and detracting from facility appeal.
- Employee safety - dust, debris, chemicals, and oils on the floor threaten safety due to slip and trip hazards.
- Employee health - dust and other particulate matter can include allergens so a clean facility improves air quality for all employees.
- Product acceptance - less dust and debris on stored products can lead to reduced costs and higher levels of customer satisfaction as shipped products are cleaner.
- Forklift maintenance cost reduction - removal of debris from floor reduces maintenance associated with repairs and replacement cost of wheels, casters, and load wheels on pallet jacks and some forklifts.